R309345 - R407308 a year
The Organisation require the services of a Legal Practitioner: Environmental Law in the LEGAL Services Department. This position will be based Groenkloof National Park, Pretoria. Requirements:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Be in possession of Legal Degree ( B Juris,B Proc,LLB).
• Have 3 years' experience AS Legal Officer.
• A good understanding of environmental and conservation
• Knowledge of property and planning law
• A sound knowledge of Land acquisition
• Knowledge of Interpretation of statutes
• Knowledge of organisational policies and procedures
• Knowledge of business objectives and strategies
• Computer skills, planning and drafting skills
• Analysing and administrative skills
• Communication skills
• Problem solving and time management skills. Responsibilities:
• Provide efficient and effective legal and administrative services by ensuring accurate and timeous information relating to the unit.
• Conduct research for the purpose of providing legal opinions and to provide guidance to the organisation in respect of environmental and legislation.
• Assist in the provision of litigation support services relating to the unit.
• Review and negotiate land acquisition and related contracts.
• Provide legal support to the SANParks law enforcement unit.
• Ensure that the administrative conveyancing process is done efficiently.
• Update and maintain databases pertaining to land owned and managed by the organisation and other environmental and legislation databases for accurate records, e.g. declaration of land records and land database.
• Attend to routine enquiries on behalf of the Senior Manager; Environmental Law.
• Provide administrative support for the Senior Manager: Environmental Law.
• Assist with the preparation of regulatory report.
• Assist with the preparation of Board and EXCO reports for the unit.
• Build, enhance and maintain stakeholder relationships. Salary: Annual Package: R309 345.35 - R407 307.71