The purpose of this role is to assist the attorney / manager in processing and drafting required legal documentation in order to facilitate legal collections. Furthermore to recover delinquent debt through the use of the in house legal processes in order to bring to effect the relevant application of legal documentation required to collect revenue.
•Manage the front end collections process through the drafting of court applications
• Analyse files / data available from Cheetah to ascertain appropriate legal court applications ie: * Judgement * R&S process
• Implement the specific legal requirements set by various courts by choosing appropriate court on system
• Check case number has been confirmed before proceeding
• Perform quality checks on all legal documents / collated copies as well as documents for agent to issue
• Merge documentation according to relevant stage, status and flag in accordance with the standard set from time to time.
• Telephonic campaign driven collections. Follow up calls to debtors post receipt of legal documentation
• Execute instructions based on ageing report extracted by attorney on hand over files
• Merge Legal documents and correspondence to obtain court order
• Coordinate and distribute legal documents to the appropriate Regions/ Correspondence and Third Parties
• Highlight problem areas to management
• Update and manage the legal filing system on cheetah manually and automated in due course
• Give input on legal operational issues to attorneys
• Escalate complaints / queries from various stakeholders that can not be dealt with on this level (internal & external)
• Scan documentation on file to cheetah
• Check relevant file number to ensure quality assurance
• Courier management, arrange with couriers and complete weigh bills
• Track couriers and documentation and highlight problem areas to management
• Provide weekly production report on matters worked, pending and unresolved
• Manage courier report weekly to quality check costs.
• Effective collection on active and disconnected accounts:
• Effective collection of active debtors and minimizing the rollover of accounts,
• Advise customers on alternative payment plans,
• Ensure client satisfaction by resolving queries quickly, efficiently and in accordance with the relevant procedure,
• Complete daily productivity reports accurately and timeously,
• Ensure that monthly targets and deadlines are achieved.