|Division:||University of the Free State Law Clinic|
Department Public Law
University of the Free State Law Clinic
Attorney: Student Support (post level 10) (contract appointment: 3 years)
Job ID: 2954
This post was previously advertised as Job ID: 2911. All applications received in response to the previous advertisement, will automatically be considered again. Previous applicants therefore do not need to reapply.
*NB! Applications may only be submitted online. Please ensure that all relevant documentation is attached to your application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Please note: Compile/Convert all the below documents as one document (PDF or Word), when uploading it on the online applications system.
• a detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
• certified copies (not older than 3 months) of all academic records;
• certified copies (not older than 3 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
• a certified copy (not older than 3 months) of your identity document (ID);
• Proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable);
• A copy of your driver’s license (if applicable).
Duties and responsibilities:
• Implement, facilitate, and monitor the clinical legal education training programme for undergraduate law students (NQF level 5 – 8) at the UFS Law Clinic.
• Facilitate the training of candidate attorneys and students as required.
• Ensure active involvement in research activities of the UFS Law Clinic.
• Provide legal services in line with services offered by the Law Clinic.
• Provide consultation sessions for law students.
• Assist with community engagement programmes at the UFS Law Clinic where required.
• Work in a team with colleagues within the Faculty.
• Contribute to academic coordination and perform administrative tasks related to the provision of legal services and student teaching at the UFS Law Clinic.
For More Legal Jobs in South Africa
• An LLB from a South African University.
• Admitted Attorney in the High Court of South Africa.
• Good standing with relevant Legal Practice Council.
• At least two years of experience in civil and criminal legal practice.
• Knowledge of- and the ability to use Learning Management Systems (LMS) for teaching and assessment.
• Familiarity with inclusive pedagogic practices and alternative assessment strategies.
• Good research skills and writing abilities.
• Sound interpersonal skills.
• Above average computer literacy skills.
• Business Acumen.
• Results orientated.
• Strategic Thinking.
• Building coalitions.
• A relevant LLM or willingness to register same in a specialist area related to the work of the UFS Law Clinic.
• Proven research record of relevant publications in national and/or international accredited journals.
• Experience of teaching undergraduate law modules in a higher education environment.
• Teaching experience in a legal education environment in South Africa.
• Evidence of previous involvement in engaged scholarship at an institution of higher learning.
• Proven experience of involvement in national and/or international mooting and/or mock trials in a South African higher education environment.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
20 September 2019.
The salary scale is available on request.