The department of environmental affairs is advertising the following post on behalf of the waste management bureau. these are 5-years contract posts. waste bureau is an organ of state established to be specialist implementing agent that facilitates waste minimisation and recycling.
Location : Pretoria, Gauteng
Head: Legal Services (WB 17/2019)
Salary: R 1 196 100.00 per annum (Total Cost to Company).
· No e-mailed, copies of certified copies, faxed, certified copies older than 3 months or late applications will be considered.
· The Waste Bureau reserves the right not to make an appointment.
· Furthermore, the person appointed to this position will be subjected to a security clearance, the signing of a performance agreement and an employment contract.
· Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
· All candidates shortlisted for SMS post will be subjected to a technical competency exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Bureau.
· Short-listed candidates will be subjected to screening and security vetting to determine their suitability for employment, including but not limited to: Criminal records; Citizenship status; Credit-worthiness; Previous employment (reference checks); and Qualification verification.
· Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only.
· The Waste Bureau is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer
. · It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
· Application must be submitted on a signed Z83 application form with a copy of a comprehensive CV, certified copies of qualifications, ID document and a valid Driver’s License (if stated as a requirement) in order to be considered.
· Monitor legal compliance with national, international and continental instruments.
· Advise on the drafting and monitoring of contracts and service level agreements.
· Ensure provision of legal support to the Board of Directors.
· Ensure support through the drafting and vetting of contracts and policies.
· Administer effective and efficient legal services to the company to minimize legal risk.
· Design and implement a compliance framework for waste stream management activities of the Bureau. Oversee legal support in respect of litigation, debts, losses and alternative dispute resolutions to the company.
· Manage legal support by conducting the regulatory impact assessment with respect to policy and law reform.
· Knowledge of HR management practices. Strategic capability and leadership skills. Duties:
· Knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) and Treasury Regulations.
·commercial law knowledge.