Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 264,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one
purpose – to make an impact that matters. Click here to read more about Deloitte.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organizations is synonymous with operational excellence. Our five business areas work in unison to provide integrated solutions unique to the organizational requirements of any business.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
Supports service/business area leadership in the implementation of strategic plan through the effective management of team/s. Build high performing teams to deliver in client engagements. Translate broader strategic into a compelling team vision and goals. Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement.
• Living Our Purpose: Acts as a role model and inspires others to embrace and live our purpose and values
• Talent Development: Actively contributes to building the talent pipeline; creates a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams
• Performance Drive: Creates opportunities to drive impact; anticipates client needs and delivers superior results by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams across businesses and borders
• Influence: Builds deep relationships across a diverse network and uses a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact
• Strategic Direction: Translates broader strategy into a compelling team vision and goals; aligns the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives
• Competitive Edge: Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
• Inspirational Leadership: Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
Key Performance Areas:
• Strategic Impact
• Budgets / Profitability
• Risk Strategy
• Risk Assessment and Mitigation
• Delivery Excellence
• Reporting and Presentations
• Knows the Business and the Industry
• Ability to shape the regulatory agenda by influencing senior business leaders with strategic thinking and deep regulatory expertise
• Anticipates and articulates organizational and business implications of changes in the regulatory environment; advises client accordingly
• Challenges the client to adopt a broad, long-term and innovative approach when formulating a regulatory strategy
• Partners with clients to help prioritize regulatory compliance programs based on scope and impact of regulations, cost, and resources required
• Partners with clients to develop strategy, communications, and actions to remediate and design future-state
• Helps clients align their organization to the changes needed to successfully comply with actual and progressive regulatory requirements
• Establishes and develops relationships with national and international regulatory bodies to influence the shape of the regulatory landscape
• Builds industry-specific regulatory expertise; viewed as a subject matter expert within the industry
• Enables client’s leadership to identify and capitalize on opportunities from changes in the regulatory landscape
• Leads the development of multiple disciplined and integrated business proposals to resolve highly complex client problems in the sphere of technology related legal issues.
• Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
LLB Degree with 5 plus years’ post articles experience providing advice/solutions to clients around legal challenges/compliance from a data privacy, technology and telecommunications law perspective.
5 - 8 years post articles experience in a client-facing role